A couple months ago, while Blake and I were out to dinner with some friends, we ordered guacamole and chips to munch on… because what is Mexican food without guacamole?
Within a few minutes, a guacamole cart showed up to our table and freshly prepared guacamole was made in front of us. Not only was it entertaining and impressive, but so delicious! The guacamole was loaded with the yummiest of ingredients:
bacon (um, yes please!)
tomatoes & onion
That night, I told Blake I was going to recreate the guacamole. I mean… bacon and pineapple?! Uh, yes please. So, Holy Bacon Guacamole was born.
Of course, I created the Paleo version, meaning I omitted the cheese and corn. But with all the other flavorful ingredients, my re-creation was just as tasty. Salty, savory, and sweet. Yum! I’m willing to bet this recipe with make you say “holy guacamole!”
You can serve this Holy Bacon Guacamole as an appetizer with Siete Foods Chips, plantain chips, or veggies. It’s also delicious served on top of chicken or salmon!
If you’re ever in the Houston area, check out the O.G. guacamole at Ambriza Social Mexican Kitchen!
Bacon Holy Guacamole
- 3-4 large avocados
- 5 ounces bacon nitrate free
- 3/4 cup pineapple finely chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh jalapeño finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with tinfoil. Place bacon on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, mash all avocados in a large bowl. Set aside. Chop all remaining ingredients and add to large bowl.
- Once the bacon is done baking, let cool completely. Dice into small pieces and mix into guacamole.
- Serve with sweet potato chips, plantain chips, Siete Foods chips, or veggies.