It is hard to believe that Summer is right around the corner. I don’t know about you, but as soon as the weather warms up, I start to crave raw veggies and fresh salads. Something about the hot Summer air makes my mouth water for crisp, hydrating fruits and veggies. With Summer in mind, I created this Basil Cauliflower Salad and in one try, it turned out perfectly!
My most recent obsession is farmer market shopping. Every weekend I’m in town, you can find me at the local farmers market collecting my fresh produce for the week! Shopping locally almost guarantees the juiciest, freshest, organic fruits and veggies of the season. And, I’m all about it!
I whipped up this Last Minute Basil Cauliflower Salad with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and onion from the farmers market and it was so flavorful! Better yet, it requires less than 30 minutes to make. Hence, the recipe title. This salad is the perfect contribution for your next Summer BBQ or get-together!
There’s a good chance this salad will be a Summer staple in my home. Speaking from experience, it’s an awesome addition to Lemon Dill Salmon Dinner or in conjunction with Parsley & Garlic Carrot Fries!
Last Minute Basil Cauliflower Salad
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cauliflower riced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over low heat. Add riced cauliflower and cook for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Remove the cauliflower from the skillet and let cool. Once cooled, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill the fridge for at least 10 minutes. Served cold.