Since the holidays (and being sick for a month STRAIGHT), I have been wanting to desperately share this recipe with y’all. It’s absolutely mouth-watering, yet completely guilt-free.
You know how peanut butter and jelly effortlessly compliment each other? In my opinion, so do coconut and dark chocolate. This yummy recipe tastes like an almond joy in cookie form, only better. And, healthier- free of refined sugar, dairy, and grains.
Within the past several weeks, I’ve made this recipe multiple times. Evidently, the cookies never lasted long enough to photograph (hence, my delay in sharing them on the blog). LOL, oops. I even brought a batch for Christmas dessert and they were very well loved!
Two more reasons to make this cookie recipe, other than satisfying those taste buds: 1. You need less than 30 minutes. 2. It only requires using one bowl. Now, that’s what I’m talking about. The perfect, healthy treat for when you’re in a time crunch!
But, before we get to the recipe for my most favorite cookie, I have a couple announcements to make:
- I will be starting a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner program in a few weeks, and I am SO EXCITED. After completing the 9 month program, my goal is to help those who suffer from a variety of symptoms and illnesses that seem to be “normal” in today’s society, such as: fatigue, acne, depression, IBS, stubborn weight gain, ADHD, acid reflux, etc. These common symptoms are NOT normal, so I want to help YOU to feel healthy, again. Through this training, I will learn how to use food as medicine to help your body function optimally, and I literally cannot wait.
- In the near future, I hope to release brand new training programs for those who are not local to South Texas. As a personal trainer, I don’t want to be limited to helping and serving only those in my area. If you’re interested in working with me one-on-one, but don’t live nearby, don’t you worry. Stay tuned!
One-Bowl Dark Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut shredded
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ghee soft, but not melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips I prefer Lilly's Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, excluding chocolate chips. Add wet ingredients and mix well. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, drop about 1 tbs of dough at least 1" apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.