Whooop, it’s FRIDAY! But, more importantly, it’s Blake’s birthday. So, quick shout-out to the sweetest, funniest, most genuine, Godly man I know. He is tender-hearted, thoughtful, adventurous, and fun-loving. He always makes me laugh (even when I don’t want to), pursues the Lord daily, reminds me not to take life too seriously, and eats all my vegetable-less recipes, including burnt garlic bread. So, here’s to 26, baby. Thank you for being born!
Okay, okay, back to why you’re here… the food. Ground turkey is a staple in our house. Most weeks, we eat it every other day, if not every day. Turkey burgers are our go-to, sometimes meatballs or ground in stir-fry., but mostly burgers (like these Goat Cheese and Spinach Turkey Burgers).
This week, I wanted to mix it up and try something new. Blake can eat turkey burgers all day, every day, but your girl needs some variety. So, turkey burgers for Blake and lettuce wraps for Kelsey. Good plan.
This peach salsa was inspired by a homemade salsa my cousin made a few years ago. It was sweet, sweeter than most salsas, which made it all the more delicious! And since I hadn’t made “my” version (some swaps and modifications) in awhile, it was time. The good news is it was even better than I remember. In fact, it is blog-worthy. So, here we are.
Needless to say, I will be eating turkey burger far less often, now.
- 16 oz lean ground turkey
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 bunch of romaine lettuce or butter lettuce
- 1 white peach, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 tbs cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add ground turkey.
- Season with sea salt, chili flakes, garlic powder, and ginger. Cook until golden-brown in color and cooked thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, combine all salsa ingredients in a large bowl.
- To prepare the lettuce wraps, spoon ground turkey into the lettuce and top with peach salsa. Serve as-is, or top with avocado and/or cilantro.